Currently employed as iMentor’s Instructional and Service Design Manager, my work encompasses a wide variety of projects, processes, and outputs. Below lists some of the major projects undertaken at iMentor. To read more about the iMentor program, click here.
Created a Comprehensive Mentor Training & Support Program
Ongoing, online mentor training allows mentors across regions to impart information, build skills, and refresh capacities in their role throughout their length of match. Mentor training integrates effective learning strategies (on- and off-line) and efficient delivery channels in order to ensure the training services we provide to mentors are engaging. Consistent feedback and adaptation allows the program to deliver up-to-date resources to support mentors as champions in the program.
Although the project took many turns and evolved throughout the process, the main components to implementation included:
- acquisition of an online course management system
- creation of content and user management plans
- analysis of past user research
- utilization of business model canvas to identify user needs
- identification of mentor archetypes
- creation of SWOT analyses
- production of design principles
- managing a mentor training taskforce to ensure project longevity
- production of online learning modules for course management system
- analysis through a cycle of inquiry to assess effective communication, implementation, design, and measurement.
Collated User Behavior & Insights
Effective feedback loops are pivotal for programmatic iteration and improvements. This feedback comes from across the organization’s staff, the mentees we serve, and the mentors we support. These insights directly informed organization program improvement processes, curricular resource development, mentor and staff trainings, as well as implementation and facilitation strategies.
Below lists a just a few avenues I have collected user data:
Information Architecture & UI Design
Designed Knowledge Bases for Stakeholders
Acting as a centralized collection of resources for staff, partners, and mentors, the iMentor Staff, Partner, and Mentor Learning Centers provide everyone the tools and information they need to fulfill their roles in our program. Check out the Mentor Learning Center here.
Below lists just a few of the operational processes needed to manage the Learning Centers.
- Designed user interface for all three knowledge bases
- Designed information architecture for all three knowledge bases
- Executed user management plan to ensure streamlining of admins and readers across teams and regions
- Managed backend enhancements to sustain quality
- Formalized data management plan integrating Google Analytics and Hotjar
- Facilitated content creation among teams’ expertise by assessing search results in Google Analytics and Hotjar
- Managed adherence to iMentor’s new branding guidelines
- Communicated edits and changes needed to existing content to relevant teams
- Created national resources for Partner Programs to sustain efficacy of partnerships
- Created national resources that help mentors learn program basics, build their mentoring skills, and assist in the college process
- Worked with program teams to strategically communicate the self-service platform
- Managed Post-Secondary Success Program primary point of contact for programmatic execution
- Incremental feature enhancements for user experience
Created Curricular Resources for Program Implementation
- Created materials to address knowledge gaps among mentees and mentors as it relates to curriculum and usability of the platform and it’s features and functions.
- Created facilitation and implementation resources to successfully plan and delivery the iMentor program for direct service staff.